with $5000 how can i invest it?

4 Replies

besides wholesaling, can i do anything with $5000?  i want to reinvest my first deal back into my business somehow  and would like to be able to close on more deals.  either doing subject to or lease options or any other options that may be out there.  typically how much money should i have in reserves for closing on those deals? are there any other strategies i can do beside wholesaling with little money?

@Account Closed  I know you are intetested in multiple strategies, but for me I would focus on wholesaling and use the money on marketing

Think of your business as evolving.  The question should be "As a business what would be the most effective use of my disposable capital in order to grow my business as quickly as possible"  

Specifically defining the goals and needs of your business really helps you stay on track and focus on the fundamentals of fast growth.  

You could do a great deal that profits handsomely with only $5000 when in a position to do so.  The trick is getting into that position.  Building a track record will get you there as your experience with deal structures grows and your ability to locate, identify, and secure opportunities improves.

I think if I was closing my first deal tomorrow, and I only had $5000 it would still look like a hold position.  No better way to invest back into your business than locking it up in bricks and mortar.  After all, we all need a home! ;c) 

That can cover low closing costs and a clean up and rent out, as long as the property is right.

i understand what all of you are saying. but i have so many leads just sitting here. i gotta capitalize on all these properties! will HML lend money for rent to own?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.