Career Choice

1 Reply

I hope to get some good advice from some of you guys. I'm a pro athlete and make a good salary playing my sport. However it requires me to travel away from home for 9 months at a time. I havent had good experience with a management company bc i know that nobody will care like I will.  I have about 70 units total and will probably net more or close to it than I would from my job.

I know that making that salary plus my rental income will help me but its a catch 22 bc the operation of the property is more hectic when I'm not home and not hiring a management company. Also have another income stream always helps, but I'm at a point where I dont think I can take my business to the next level by being away and not networking, meeting lenders, driving to look at properties, etc....

My question is does anyone have some advice and also how do you remain bankable when your only income, or most of your income comes from your business of real estate investing?

Thanks

If your making good income as an athlete you should keep doing that.  You need to seek out a PM who will look out for your properties while your traveling. Having the duel income will help greatly.  If your business is not generating 2 times your pro athletic income then you should not quit until that is in place. 

Good luck!!

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)
605-310-7929

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.