direct mail narrowing leads

4 Replies

I have a absentee list with over 10,000 entries.  I've been mailing to one zipcode but that still 5,000 entries.  I can only afford to mail 300 letters a month.  That'll take me a 16 months to finish just that zipcode!  How can i be more efficient and cost effective with this list?

thanks in advance

@Mario T.   There are a number of criteria you could use. But before you do that, decide how many you can mail to per month. Consistently. If it is only the 300 you mentioned, you need to mail to the SAME 300 many times. Five or six times each, once per month. But that quantity will not get you many responses.

As to narrowing it down, things like amount of equity would be good. Maybe just out of state owners. I am sure @Michael Q. can suggest more.

@Walt Payne    it hurts to hear that.  the mystery of not being able touching these other prospects is tough.  also is there a better way to determine equity other than looking on the tax assessor website and seeing how long they've owned the property for? 

thanks for replying back to me!

@Mario T.   the list provider should include that as a filter criteria.

@Walt Payne   i got the list directly from tax assessor, all it contained was; property address, mailing address, owner name, property description.  do assessor keep track of the amount of equity in a property?  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you