Is this what I have to do??

3 Replies

I am wondering if this is what I have to do to make this investing work...

I got my financing in order, I have a real estate agent, I know where I want to buy "farm area", I know my criteria for what I want to buy, I got my team of contractors i want to  work with, now do I just let my agent find a deal and if the numbers look good GO FOR IT?? I have a full time job will I have to hire a property manager to over look things when I am away? I still need quite a bit of education in this area of flipping real estate such as lingo and the process but how do I know if i am ready?? Can some one give me some advice. Thanks

Patrick

It sounds like you are ready to go, but I have one suggestion. Don't depend on your agent to find you a deal. Find it yourself. If you depend on an agent for deals, you probably won't find any. Most agents have no clue what a deal is.

I agree with Austin, find your own deals. Contact FSBO listings, get on realtytrac and look at PRE-FORECLOSURES if they are not motivated sellers, I don't know who is. Don't expect deals to fall into your lap. Be selective, run the comps and the numbers.

but how do I know if i am ready??

It is called real estate investing not real estate speculation. You don't guess at the numbers or hope something will go up in value.  You need to know what makes a good deal. 

When you are confident that something is a good deal because you know the risks and understand them, you know the hidden costs and how to calculate them, you know what makes a good deal and how to evaluate one, then move forward.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here