Is this what I have to do??

3 Replies

I am wondering if this is what I have to do to make this investing work...

I got my financing in order, I have a real estate agent, I know where I want to buy "farm area", I know my criteria for what I want to buy, I got my team of contractors i want to  work with, now do I just let my agent find a deal and if the numbers look good GO FOR IT?? I have a full time job will I have to hire a property manager to over look things when I am away? I still need quite a bit of education in this area of flipping real estate such as lingo and the process but how do I know if i am ready?? Can some one give me some advice. Thanks

Patrick

It sounds like you are ready to go, but I have one suggestion. Don't depend on your agent to find you a deal. Find it yourself. If you depend on an agent for deals, you probably won't find any. Most agents have no clue what a deal is.

I agree with Austin, find your own deals. Contact FSBO listings, get on realtytrac and look at PRE-FORECLOSURES if they are not motivated sellers, I don't know who is. Don't expect deals to fall into your lap. Be selective, run the comps and the numbers.

but how do I know if i am ready??

It is called real estate investing not real estate speculation. You don't guess at the numbers or hope something will go up in value.  You need to know what makes a good deal. 

When you are confident that something is a good deal because you know the risks and understand them, you know the hidden costs and how to calculate them, you know what makes a good deal and how to evaluate one, then move forward.

Medium crab1 copyNed Carey, Crab Properties LLC | http://baltimorerealestateinvestingblog.com/

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you