Votes
Scott H.
  • Joliet, IL
Votes |
What should my next move be?

Scott H.
  • Joliet, IL
Posted Sep 4 2014, 19:32

I have a few questions about what my next move should be so here's what I have going right now.

I did my first flip last year, did all work myself and plan on doing for the next few houses. The flip was a success and sold in a month. I have a career job so I have separate income  as well. I just bought my second house a few months ago and now live in it with 2 buddies that pay me rent which pays the mortgage, so all is well. My original plan was to just fix up this house and resell it but my realtor is a family friend that was able to get me a very good deal on it with minimal work that needs to be done, in an area that is going up in value. I'm getting married next year so I plan on moving in with my fiancé at her place before that time. So I decided to just hang on to that house since I'm not technically paying the mortgage, slowly renovate it and then sell it in a year or two. My goal is to keep flipping houses and start a business while sitting on that property but I'm unclear how to go about it.

Do I need to get an LLC for the business and deed that property to the business so I can have my name clear and continue flipping or what's the best strategy for me right now? I have 3k in savings and I'm also paying off any bills I have meanwhile. Thanks

Loading replies...