Pass RE License, now how to get MLS?

5 Replies

Hello everyone! So, I'm looking to get my RE license in Washington State for numerous reasons; primarily I would like access to properties without having to coordinate with a Realtor. My question is, once you get your license, how do you become an official agent with access to the MLS and what is the cheapest option for paying brokerage fees?

You have to hang you're ensue with a broker and then you will be an active agent and can gain access to MLS. There are different options for brokers in all parts of the country. Maybe someone local will know, but you may have to do some research.

Mark Ferguson, Real Estate Agent in CO (#IA40029358)

@Loren Buchanan Loren just talk to local companies.. you will need to hang your license with a broker.. no big mystery here no need to ask this question on BP.. just walk into your local Keller williams agent C 21 Remax and ask to talk to someone about getting licensed... to my knowledge all states require new agents to work under a broker for 1 to 2 years. then they can apply and take the test to become a Broker .. or in Oregon we are all brokers but a principal broker can over see brokers.. and new brokers cannot work on their own.. Once you join a brokerage you simply join MLS pay your dues pay or board of RE dues and your good to go

@Loren Buchanan  I had looked into getting my license and looked for ways to hang my license long enough to get a brokers license. Follow this Link. This may be a way for you to hang your license for a minimal price while you wait the two years. I am sure there are other options out there as well. I hope this helps.

@Loren Buchanan  

I literally just went through this process and hung my license last week. I chose a chose a company that offer Prop Mgmt services which are a bit spendier but for strict buying and selling, the cheapest I found were

http://www.srgrealtor.com/ and http://www.theforcerealty.com/

Personally I wouldve chosen Force Realty.

Good Luck! 

@Grant Fosheim   thanks for the insight. I would love to pick your brain on this next week at the meetup. I'll check out Force for sure.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you