General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Doug Block
Votes |
Advice Needed for Selling Property

Doug Block
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

I currently own a condo that I am interested in selling. However, it currently has a renter and the lease is good till early 2009; thus, that narrows down my prospective buyers to those looking for an investment rather than a home.

I'm to the point where I would be happy to just sell to recoup my initial investment - I'll take a break-even point and all the lessons I've learned and be happy. I've learned a ton and would do many things differently next time (probably #1 would be not to invest out of state).

Because of this, I'm willing to drop my price by nearly $22-$23 per sqft (or $25k off what comparable units are currently on the market for). But here's my problem: If I drop that much to just try and get a sale, I'd prefer not to use a realtor because commission charges arent factored in to that cost; thus, my exposure is limited and its harder to find buyers.

So I guess my question is, what would you think is a better route to take: drop price and try to sell without a realtor, or obtain a realtor but not be able to lower my price as much due to the extra fees I'd incurr?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Loading replies...