How many properties do you own?

19 Replies

I own 6 rentals and currently have 2 flips I am rehabbing for a total of 8. I would be interested to see the relationship between the number of posts and the number of properties people own. Thanks

I have four rental units and just put a cash offer on a place today that I hope to have closed this month. 

@Tyler Smiarowski

We have two local 4-plexes and one flip we're rehabbing.

We have one rental townhouse in Virginia.

Our primary residence (selling in the spring).

Total of 5 properties (4 investment properties).

Currently 16 SFH in Cedar Rapids. Don't post a lot due to the time spent rehabbing distressed properties after work. Closing on the 9th of January and always on the lookout for more.

We own 5 rental properties with another 3 houses in the works with offers (short sales). Hoping to close on all 3 by June. 7 rentals, 1  to be personal, future rental when we are transferred. 

@Jay Hinrichs  

I don't think Cedar Rapids really has any class D properties but I do have a few class c that really cash flow great and stay rented with very little headaches.  The majority of my properties are about 100 yrs old and were foreclosures or estates that required extensive remodel.  Quite a few I've got about 65 to 70k into rent for about $900.

I'm starting to make the move to upper level (in my mind) ranch houses built 1970s at least 3 bdrm 2 bath.  I can have them rent ready for about $100k worth $125-$135k and rent for $1150 to $1250.  My 4 bdrms rarely ever go vacant and I notice a lot of people viewing my 3 bdrms are really looking for 4 but I never have any available.  Possibly a niche market?

Currently very slowly finishing basement in my personal residence to make it a 5 bdrm 3 ba rather then just a huge rec room that way when we outgrow the place it makes it more rentable or sellable.

@Andrew D.  

wow that's a strong mid west market.. I guess I don't know how big that town is.

by Strong I mean strong price's vs rent.  I know most locals in the smaller mid west towns get the 2% pretty easy.. where your at 1.25% but I bet you have some pretty nice stuff and quality tenants.

30 SFH Rentals (no partners), 2 currently on the market for sale (1 of which is scheduled to close on Friday). I've thought the same thing @Tyler Smiarowski  

and all readers need to vet responses accordingly.  Many people are "All hat no cattle" but I guess you get that everywhere. 

@Jay Hinrichs

Yeah it works well my first 5 houses I have about $200k in and the gross rents are $4075.  Like I posted some aren't in the greatest neighborhoods but the cash flow great and most have been rented around 3 yrs with no turnover.  The area they are located is in the beginning stages of what is supposed to be a neighborhood revitalization.  If it does happen I will probably go ahead and begin to unload them to focus more on newer high dollar properties in great neighborhoods.

I currently have 12 rentals, mostly single family homes and a couple duplexes.

I own 2 rentals and 1 seasonal home in  upsate NY. I hope to buy 3 more this year .

have been looking hard but good buys are difficult to find.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Dawn Anastasi 

are you going to grow your portfolio in 2015  ???

My ultimate goal is to own no more than 16 rental properties.  I spent 2011 - 2014 buying rather quickly -- quickly for me anyway (2 in 2011, 4 in 2012, 3 in 2013, and 4 in 2014), so I may slow down a bit in 2015.  I've been spending time helping out of state investors as well, so that takes up some of my time.  

I would like to do my own true flip at one point in my life.  I've done larger scale renovations ($15k - $30k) and turned what was going to be a flip into a rental as well as helping someone out of state flip, but never a true flip for myself.

@Tyler Smiarowski  

As I said in Bigger Pockets Podcast #82, I've done 800+ deals, SF, apt, commercial, mixed use, farm land, timber land, waterfront land, lots, subdivisions, retail, etc.

Since the podcast have bought more apt, SF, land, and even a car dealership.

own 2 duplexes and one SFR going to the bank Friday to refi one of the paid off duplexes to find another multi.

@Dawn Anastasi  man that's awesome growth I hope to be following you numbers this year!

I own one SFR and a primary residency.. Hoping to buy my first duplex in May!

I own 5 single family.  I will working to add 5 to 7 more this year.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you