Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
HUD Wholesaling... Realtor?

Layn Minyard
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Dec 16 2014, 20:05

Hello once again all! I'm digging in more and more to all the different strategies and vehicles that can take me down the road of success. Without being able to find a mentor and attending REIA meetings to no avail regarding assistance quite yet, I will lean on you all once again...

I've come across HUD Wholesaling. Now, I do not know much about it but I do know that a licensed realtor has to submit the bids. I've always wanted to be a licensed realtor but not for the sake of being a traditional realtor, mainly for the education and perks with MLS, etc... I know there are fees with association, CE and what have you but I digress...

Question: Do any of you wholesale HUD properties? If so, do you recommend getting a real estate license or is it just not worth it? I'm really trying here!

PS. I want to master each strategy but want to have 2-3 avenues. (Wholesaling to begin, HUD Wholesaling, Fix and flip :), Buy and hold and ultimately commercial and land.) Ok maybe a little more than 2-3. I'm ambitious.

Thank you all for any advice! You all are awesome. 

-Layn Minyard

Loading replies...