Hud Home 48 DOM No Price Drops

3 Replies

Hi been watching a hud home im very interested in. I have made offers on it and hud responds next day with usual net to hud amount. They are about 5k higher than I need to get property at the right number. Its been 48 dom still at original list price. Has anyone seen them go this long and not reduce? Most other hud homes in the southeast MI area reduce in 30 days max 45.  My offer will be acceptable to hud once they do first 10% reduction. Also I bid at day 17 and their net to hud was same as day 46 net to hud.

Yes it did go under contract for a few days then back on market. Didn't realize that stopped the Hud clock. Thanks! Is it typical they wont reduce net to hud until price drop even if they could be reducing within a couple days. I keep having my agent resubmitting everyday at my price which is 82% net to hud. I have researched many of the homes in direct area and they have accepted 82% many times in this time frame of dom. Im hoping to offer everyday and catch the reduction. 

@Mark Ferguson 

Also Mark wanted to let you know I am a huge fan of your website investfourmore.com  its got a ton of great info!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.