Direct mail campaign - help getting started

6 Replies

Hello All!

I am getting ready for my first direct mail campaign. I have a few questions to start this out. Which companies are the best for finding accurate absentee owners list? Which companies yield the best call backs?

I have heard of a yellow letters and other companies, Just not sure where to put my money. I have heard prices from .40 cents to .60 cents per mailer. I have 2k to put towards mailers and was going to mail every 3-4 weeks for 6 months. So depending on my price per mailer, somewhere around 400-500 mailers every month. Should I expect a 1-2% return? 4-10 calls or are people getting higher returns? If anybody is local, I am in Birmingham AL. Thanks for any input! 

@Zachary Phelan   I've used Listsource for obtaining the list for my mailings and we have used yellow letters for the actual mailings, but mostly we have been using vista print because its so easy to find deals on their site. 

Your first mailing you can expect 1-2% callbacks at a minimum but depending on your mailing piece it could be higher if it has a real good call to action and you target the right people. 

Good luck!

@Rob L. Thank you for the info. I will check out vistaprint. 

@Rob L. I am looking at creating pieces of mail on vistaprint. I am obviously trying to get the most bang for my buck and concerned about the call to action. Could you provide me a pice of mail that has given you great results?

I am targeting absentee homeowners in two different counties here in Birmingham AL. I want to start with them and move into foreclosures and probate. Thoughts? 

Thanks for the help and you can email me at [email protected]

@Zachary Phelan  

Congratulations on the aggressive direct mail campaign.  It is a matter of numbers.  I use listsource.com for absentee owners and [email protected] for probate. Good luck!

Thanks @Dave Metsker! I have my list narrowed down to 457 absentee owners and going to send every 4 weeks. Should I send the same piece of mail all 6 times or should they all be a little different? Any specific pieces that have worked above average for you? 

Hello, give me a call to get you a number to do your direct mail campaign, I can offer target -mailing list options, postcard design, and mail it for you. One stop shop for all your direct mailing needs. We can offer lowest price on any direct mailing campaign you'd like to discuss. Great for small and large businesses. We can do it all, or you can send it to us and have us do the mailing for you.

Call me today to give you a quote. We do direct mail any state, any size, and will beat any price!

918-409-4735

Susan Marlow

Marlow Contracting Services, LLC

Native American Woman Owned Small Business

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here