Owning rentals in Buffalo/WNY

3 Replies

Was curious if anyone had any insight into owning rental props in the Buffalo/WNY area? I'm a transplant here and all the properties I own are out of state (FL, TN, & OH) I would love nothing more than to continue building my portfolio here close to home...but real estate/school taxes are so insanely high here....I just don't see how anyone does it and make it worth the investment?

One guy I know here owns a six-plex, his family has had it for years...said the only reason it works for him is because he owns it free-n-clear

Thoughts?

I should clarify....I'm speaking of properties in the south towns, orchard park, hamburg, Boston etc areas....RE Taxes in this neck of the woods are so high ...obviously there are pockets of lower tax areas but this is kinda where I'd like to be

Im concerned with the overall state of the economy in there, plus the high crime in most parts of Buffalo... also, the winter :(

Crime has NEVER been an issue of Buying Properties in BUFFALO, you just have to KNOW where to buy and don't Generalize. BUFFALO is an awesome CITY when it comes to REAL ESTATE and CAP Rates and the WINTERS are no different than what's happening now in the NORTHEAST of the US.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.