GoPro Camera for Real Estate Videos

9 Replies

I am wanting to start making some videos of my property I have for sale. Some of you guys that have done this, is a GoPro a good camera to use for this? I invest in hunting in recreational property acreage from 50-500 acres. So a video tour would be nice.

The advantage to me, if it will work is that, is that I could use it mounted on an ATV driving around property and even consider buying a drone, such as the DJI Phantom, to take aerial views and tours of my land. 

What are your thoughts and opinions on this? Thanks guys.

I think it's a great idea. I have a friend who has a gopro on a drone and it takes some unbelievable videos. Mounting it on an ATV is a good idea too. I imagine hunters would be happy to get a feel for the land before going out to see it. 

sounds like a great idea but the atv will be make for a VERY shaky video. the drone would be perfect and will be quite a unique way to market your properties 

@Justin Glass  

For the type of land you have, the 2 ideas you have are perfect!  The drone would give a great perspective to the lay of the land and using the gopro would show a more in depth analysis of what the land offers.

I think a potential buyer will enjoy both!

I have never used a gopro before but I knew that they work well with action sports, that's why I suggested the ATV route. I was wondering if it would be shaky though.

GoPros are good for other fill in video as well.  I bought a rotating display (used in jewelry stores to display watches and bracelets), it rotates very smoothly about once ever 30 seconds).  I would put the gopro on the rotating platform and move out of the shot.  It was a really neat way to shoot the inside of larger rooms.  Most gopros have very wide angle lenses which make them decent for interior photography.  

Yeah, the GoPro is perfect. They have software to smooth out the shaky camera and also to convert the wide angle. The software comes with the GoPro. I'm learning to fly and use it in almost all of my lessons. It would be a great tool for showing property.

Originally posted by @Gene Hacker :

GoPros are good for other fill in video as well.  I bought a rotating display (used in jewelry stores to display watches and bracelets), it rotates very smoothly about once ever 30 seconds).  I would put the gopro on the rotating platform and move out of the shot.  It was a really neat way to shoot the inside of larger rooms.  Most gopros have very wide angle lenses which make them decent for interior photography.  

So you use Gopros for your residential properties as well? Such as tours of the house? I was considering buying one for the same purpose, but was curious how they would turn out and if the videos produced are good enough quality? 

Thank you! 

I am now using a AEE S71 (basically a generic gopro).  The vidoe quality is very impressive as long as there is ample light.  

Yes, Its a good choice for Gopro Camera.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.