Cincinnati Ohio Property Management suggestions?

13 Replies

My partner and I have decided to explore handing our units off to a professional property management company.

We own 9 SFRs 2 duplexes and a 5 unit apartment in c class areas. The buildings underwent massive rehabs so they are easier to manage than the average c-class property.

I am turning to this great community for recommendations on what to begin my interviews with.

Thank you for your help. 

Originally posted by @Jered Sturm :

My partner and I have decided to explore handing our units off to a professional property management company.

We own 9 SFRs 2 duplexes and a 5 unit apartment in c class areas. The buildings underwent massive rehabs so they are easier to manage than the average c-class property.

I am turning to this great community for recommendations on what to begin my interviews with.

Thank you for your help. 

Good idea mate :)

Work ON your business and not IN it hehe

Thanks

@Jered Sturm ...   ...I am in the same scenario...   ...looking for a Cincinnati PM (but from afar)...   ...if I come across any I deem appropriate & worthy, I'll let you know...   ...likewise, if you find a good one, please let me know.  Thank you sir!!

@Brandon Kelly  

I have have had  horrible results. I decided to look for a quality pm from the inside out. Posing to be a perspective tenant and see how they handle me. I called every management company that currently had a listing in my area. ( about 25 different companies)  not one single company picked up the phone or have returned my call.  Many of them don't have photos on their ads. I don't get it. Applicants tell me all the time " thank you for answering the phone"  not until now did I realize how poor my competition actually was.

So I'm still looking. Anyone with a good Cincinnati Ohio property manager on here feel free to weigh in! I need your help! 

Hi Folks, 

Having been in the same scenario, looks like there is an opportunity right here to setup a PM company. 

-Naveen. 

I am assuming this is a portfolio of small stuff?  Or are you looking at bigger assets?  I don't have any contacts for the small stuff, nor do I believe that anyone will do it better than you.  Larger, 100+, call me - I'll point you in the right direction.

Hi Folks, 

Having been in the same scenario, looks like there is an opportunity right here to setup a PM company. 

-Naveen. 

@Jered Sturm  

Looking at the local Cincinnati REIA, I see only two (2) property managers who are taking advantage of being a "preferred vendor"... ...a Berkshire Hathaway Commercial PM, and Weybridge PM Services (www.presrents.com). Have you reached out to Weybridge?

@Ben Leybovich  

I agree that no one handles PM better than the owner themselves...   ...which is why I manage my own here in Seattle...   ...but from afar, I'd have a tough time justifying that headache.  Your opinion is that Cincinnati PM's won't really do any justice (or protect owners' best interest) until I bring them a portfolio of 100+ doors?

Thanks guys!!!

@Jered Sturm I think I sold you a little deal in Hartwell a few years ago. HAHA... Not sure how your search played out for you but have you tried Cincy Rents? Also, I know Penklor bought a property management company recently- that might be worth a look. I can peruse my database and find someone for you if you're still searching.

I have a single family house in Morrow, Ohio. Anyone have any property management recommendations? Thanks Jeanette

Hey guys looks like some of you may still be looking for a good PM in Cincinnati.  Check out D&E Property Management they are brokered with North Star Realty.  If you have questions message me and I will try and answer.

Best of Luck

George

@Jered Sturm did you end up self managing? If not who did you end up using if you don't mind me asking. 

^ Also interested in this. I plan on investing in rentals soon and do not wish to manage them myself as I am always on the road. If so, what rates are they charging in rents, do they charge a placement fee, or renewal fees?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here