• Covina, CA
Votes |
MBA Thesis Research Project

Lorene Fleming
  • Investor
  • Covina, CA
Posted Mar 5 2015, 11:58

Hello All,

I am in the last two quarters of my MBA program and all that's left is my master project, it's a big deal, lots of research, charts, etc. And thanks to @Corey Taber (and all those who answered him) who actually gave me the idea when he asked BP about his research project ideas, my paper is on using real estate investing as a means of building wealth.

Part of my paper focuses on the different strategies of real estate investing and I would like to add specific examples of investors that are actually working in the field and making things happen. I have read tons of real estate books and of course used what I've read in the paper, but I would like to add some hands on reality.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble could I impose on anyone who is willing to answer these few questions? I will be eternally grateful. Thank you in advance for any help I get on this. 

1. How long have you been a RE investor?

2. How long did it take you to get started once you decided to become a RE investor?

3. What was the biggest stumbling block for you to get started?

4. How did you overcome it?

5. What advise would you give some one thinking about getting into RE investing now?

6. What types of investing strategies do you employ?

7. Do you change your strategies as the market changes? 

8. Can you share one example of a recent deal, and how it went?