Comparing Properties ? any advice ?

2 Replies

Hey there just came across this deal and i usually have a broker to help me with comps but the thing is that she doesn't always have time to review my new leads but either way im thankful for it. Reason for this post is Major help for reviewing and whats the best way and where i can gather comps. I heard going to County tax appraisers is the most efficient way and its just how should i compare them, is there any webistes i can go to and buy the comps ? what helps you the best way and how do you compare ? 

Thanks for any replies and have a productive day :) 

-Kevin. 

Hi Kevin,

Id start by identifying the area each prop is in, maybe some bpers can help compare based on that info. Then I would look at the actual street each prop is on, get to know the recent solds around both/all properties, the prices of recently sold houses of similar lot and building sizes with similar finishes will be the main tool a buyer's realtor will use to value a property. Finally, if you are doing work at both or either properties, how much work and at what cost can be a determining factor.

Throw out some specifics without giving anything away and I will offer what I can as I'm sure others will as well. I invest in Boston MA but spend a good deal of time in south fla, I might have some insight based on that. Good luck choosing the right deal for you!

@Account Closed

I use zillow.com and look at recently sold and for sale in the past 6 months to maximum of a year. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.