These darn sellers almost NEVER answer the phone?

7 Replies

I feel like I may being doing something that is keeping sellers from picking up the phone. I will make phone calls on vacant houses and none of them will answer. Also, when I follow up with some of my sellers they do not pick up the phone.

How do I get sellers to pick up the phone or call me back?

its the bane of the new society.. many folks only respond to text anymore.. especially realtors which really frustrates me as well

Same here... about 1 in 10 realtors actually seems to return phone calls. It's unbelievable to me. 

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

its the bane of the new society.. many folks only respond to text anymore.. especially realtors which really frustrates me as well

Should I try to start texting sellers? 

unfortuantly that's the only way they respond these days.

most realtors you call put it right on their VM  for faster response please text.

the reality is for any response you must text.

I don't text unless its absolutely necessary I am old school I answer the friggen phone.

and many of these folks that don't answer the phone are missing out on business left and right.. I suspect I have made more money by the second cup of coffee than they do in a month because they don't communicate   LOL

I feel your pain.

One of the most common complaints that REALTORS have about other Realtors is that phone calls are not answered or returned.  Kind of ironic.

I would like to state that I am not a realtor, and I'm strictly speaking of homeowners/seller that do not answer their phone. I actually haven't had a ton of issues with contacting realtors. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here