Tracking ROI/ROE over time

2 Replies

I'm finishing up The Millionaire Real Estate Investor - great book, so happy that so many of you have recommended it.

I'm in the process of setting up an excel spreadsheet with which to track returns, both ROI and ROE along w debt paydown, cash flow, equity accumulation etc.

Does anyone know if a version from his book already exists online that could be downloaded? If not, do you have any that you'd recommend?

Currently, I don't include appreciation of the property or rent in my calculations. I'm not sure how important that is, but I've really no clue how to go about figuring out what those rates are. Any insight?

Thanks for your time!

I'm rather crude at Excel so I'm trying not to reinvent the wheel if possible.

I do want/need a way to track the performance of my properties - I have analysis spreadsheets that spit out projections but I need to no what reality is.

Have any of you used this spreadsheet http://www.reandfinance.com/real-estate-spreadsheet/ ??

I'm willing to pay a little if it is good and saves me time.

Thanks again.

Justin,  

I'm not sure if you're still in need of this, but I'm just finishing my own version of this spreadsheet from the Millionaire Real Estate Investor.  I'm down to show you what I did :) Pretty useful metric - it definitely was a missing piece to my analysis.  It is still incomplete, as it is based on assumptions, but ....any metric looking into the future will be incomplete.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.