Need someone that shows up

5 Replies

I can't find a contractor to show up to save my life. I just fired my last Craigslist guy. Anyone have recommendations for Indianapolis guys? Current need is drywall repair and paint, tuck pointing, subfloors, floor refinisher, tile, kitchen and bath, roof/gutter. If you know any guys or gals that are reasonable priced people I would certainly appreciate it. I've got a good HVAC/plumber and carpet person and we'll make a deal. :)

Big jobs, so this person would need and little crew or at least a helper.

Thanks so much, I could really use the help, I have 2 properties just sitting currently.

I feel your pain, I've fired 3 already this year!

PM sent.

@Josh C. did you ever get that good experience with a drywall contractor here in Indy? I'm looking for one myself! (whole house just pass inspections and is ready)

@Shannon S.

I found a guy. But he just a small guy with only a few guys working with him and I already booked him til November, and hopefully he is my main guy so I'll keep him busy til he quits showing up. Send me a PM and I'll give you back up guy. He shows up and is honest, but quality is not perfect, hence back up guy, He'll be done with one of my projects in 2 weeks or so.  

I found back up guy by going to Lowe's early as J Scott suggests. But I found my new guy by going to taco places and asking around. I actually got a couple of good contacts from that. Also, ask your SW or porter paints rep. I've got painters from there before. Unfortunately, these painters all want the home owner work that pays better and can't see the value of people like us who keep them busy through the winter. 

Also, if you do find a good one and aren't using him please send him my way, I always need more.

Well, I figured I'd ask, I've had so far on this first flip a number of contractors who just plain didn't show up or - showed up so drunk I told them maybe it wasn't a good idea today.  I have 2 coming out here in a week - if I keep on the same "pace" I'll probably PM you!  If I find some good ones myself I'll be happy to pass it on. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you