3 Replies

Would you do this deal?

Purchase price : $52k - ask $60k

ARV: ranges in this neighborhood - $65-$85k

Repairs: $15k

Rents: $825  - maybe $850

Loan terms of 20 yr at 5.25% - with taxes and insurance $465/mth

thanks.

In a word...Run....Run like ... (OK that's more than a word).

Total cost = $67k
Arv           = $65-85k 
Equity     = $19k (up to...maybe, or underwater)

Rent       = $850
T/I          =  $465
Mortg    =  $451 (based on your ugly terms)
CF         = -
$66/month  (that's a negative 66). 

That number, "66", is a sign to.........run...as fast as you can.

There is nothing here to see.

The cash flow is nice, but you are paying retail price once you factor in the repairs.  Actually you are on the high end of retail price.  

You can do better than that. As investors, we never pay retail price.    There are a ton of properties out there, there is no need for you to buy anything that doesnt excite you.   I would pass on this one

Now if the numbers were a bit differant. For example if the ARV was at 140k or more, I would be interested.

I would be much more interested if the seller were holding the finacing and there were no reparis needed., then I would be all in. In that case you would be able to preserve your capital and do more deals in the future. 

I hope that helps

Josh

Matt Stambaugh I'm a new investor haven't done any deals yet, but based on what I've learned the numbers are too tight. You don't want to run into an issue that may cause you to break even or even worse. The purchase price is too close to the ARV.

Hope this helps.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you