Development Investment Structure - for dummies! ??

3 Replies

Good morning from Texas! 

I am continuing to chase a dream opportunity in my area.  Things are lining up and it is soon coming time to start making things concrete.  I am wanting to organize and develop a multi-pronged mixed-use development.  There are going to be many moving parts, but they are coming together.  One of the questions I have is, what are common ways to structure investments in this venture.  I will have to leverage private investors, hopefully no banks, but that's yet to be determined.  I need simple examples/advice on how to structure the deals/paybacks/etc so I can intelligently attract and retain investors in this project.

Thanks in advance!

I would bring an experienced developer in up front... I think its going to be pretty hard for you to do this with no real experience  first thing most folks want to know when investing in this type of transactions is who is leading the charge what is their experience level.

close friends and family of course will over look the expeirnce qualifications.. but third parties that have any kind of investing acumen will most likely not..

The sponsor in these deals is the critical component.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here