Buy and Hold Potential in CT?

2 Replies

As a CT resident, my initial impulse was not to consider this state as a location to purchase a real estate investment.  The taxes are high, the property values are high, and based on statistics over the last year or two I see more residents leaving CT than coming. 

That said, for those investors out there who buy and hold and rent, is there positive cash flow potential without investing in D class properties in areas like Bridgeport or Hartford?

My initial thought was that I would head out of state to start and I still may do that, but it would be my first investment.  Just trying to weigh all my options as a newbie.

Thank you,

Claudio 

@Claudio Golia

The short answer is yes. There are a ton of positive cash flow opportunities for buy and hold investors in the state of Connecticut and you do not have to be in class D areas to attain positive cash flow properties. Anyone who tells you different doesn't know this market, plain and simple. 

My suggestion would be to team with an agent that knows investing and is familiar with the areas you are looking to invest. They can help you through the process of finding the kinds of properties you are looking for cause they are out there. 

@Michael Noto

Thank you for the prompt response and feedback.  The realty agent definitely crossed my mind.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.