Sell house or refi and rent (Orlando)

2 Replies

I live in Orlando and currently own a golf course, pool home worth 360k(purchased for 340). I put down 20% which sucked up the majority of my cash. Should I outright sell the home (fiancée is a broker and can save me a bunch on fees) or should I refinance and rent. It seems that I could command about 2200-2509 in rent. Fast growing area. Thanks for your advice.

Since a bunch of tax-free gain isn't on the table, I guess it depends on where you are moving to and if you're ok with watching a renter not give a rip about your baby.

I wouldn't be a long-distance landlord. If you are moving far away, sell it. If watching the grass die and the window screens disappear while they sneak in an unfixed that urinates & sprays all over the place doesn't bother you, go for it. I imagine there are hoa fees and covenants on a golf course property? I wouldn't want a rental with an HOA, either.

I'm dramatizing for effect, of course.  Just know a renter will never take care of your home like you will.  Good luck @Sean Connolly !

haha you do have some very colorful responses. Thanks for your advice!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you