Wholesaling Beginners!

2 Replies

Hey BP,

I am brand brand new to real estate investing.  I have yet to get in, but my friend and I live in Seattle.  We have studied the topic read some books but we need a place to start.  We are getting organized and are ready to acquire our first deal.  We would like to know what our first steps of the process?  I have learned that by actually doing you learn a lot more?

so our first start is we are going to an auction this Saturday to find some potential cash buyers.  But we just need to know where we are going to go in the process of our first deal?

Also we plan on attending a REIA(wholesaling) event soon.

If there are any suggestions or mentors that have any advice that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cameron

Hi Cameron,

I might hold off on going to the auction as of right now. Your best bet would be to make some contacts on this forum and to go to as many REIA events as possible.

The wholesaling class that REIA puts on is fantastic.

I would also suggest you try to get in contact with as many other professionals as possible. This would best be accomplished, in my humble opinion, through REIA and other networking groups.

[email protected] | 360‑927‑0959 | http://www.patbritton.com | WA Agent # 120557

Hey @Cameron Brulotte , I live in Eastern Washington and will actually be headed to the UW this fall. I've been pretty interested in getting into wholesaling and would love to network if we're in the same area. I see this post is from over a year ago, have you made any progress since? I'm under the impression that the Seattle market would be a little intimidating. Have you been able to do any deals? 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you