Redline project scrapped in Baltimore

3 Replies

Has the fact that the Redline  Project in Baltimore has been taken off the table affected anyone besides me and the investments I've been putting in the 21223. Four single family homes that were rehabbed and rented with the intentions of maybe selling once the Redline Project got into full swing. Now it seems that I'll have to deal with section8 and MBQ for even more years than anticipated to get my money back.

Steven

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. 

In fact, this is the first of me hearing about the Redline Project being taken off the table. When was this announced?

Governor Hogan pulled it but allowed for the purple line around 

WashingtonDC to proceed

I live near and have been making investment plans around the Purple Line. I know that I was sweating hard over Gov. Hogan's decision, and the hurdles that we have left still leave me mildly concerned despite the "green light". While relieved for my community, I feel terrible for Baltimore, who really needs better transit. I'm sure that there are many others in your situation, Steve, who got hosed by the project's cancellation. It's astounding to see the long-term ramifications that from that one election last November.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here