Finding owners phone numbers

25 Replies

Hello All:

I've seen this question asked and haven't really found the answer to the question.

I find the address of the owner of the property but usually can't find the phone number. I use to find it on the internet through white pages but now everyone has a cell phone instead of a land line and those aren't listed. Even white pages will show a phone number and its a paid site before they allow you to see the number.

Since I can't my info Free which paid site is worth the money? 

I've been investing for over 10 years and also have a Realtors license and I still have the same problem...getting the golden number.

Experiences and reviews of paid sites please. Thank you for your time.

Great $uccess!

Dee-Texas

I've used Intelius for quite a while. In all reality I would say I have about 15-20% success rate getting in contact with anyone. It does provide email, cell phone, and land line numbers, but that does NOT mean they are all active or accurate in my experience. Hope that helps.
DG Henderson how is your experience with phone number look up? I am interested in finding phone number too, but do not know how. Greatly appreciated if you can share your experience.

This post has been removed.

Try out homemetry.com, I've been looking for some older properties and have had decent luck finding numbers on there and it's free! It definitely depends on where you're looking but most older home that have been owned by the same person for years have good info!

@DG H. @Sue Deng Most of those free sites dont have old information.  I have dealt with some of the paid sites in my day job so there are sites out there that give great info but they are hard to get access to.   Some are easier than others and it can get pricey.

I'm attempting the same thing, I just requested a number from here for $55  http://www.frankahearn.com/about.html

I also just got an email back from uccweb.com and they said it's $50 for a cell phone, I'll try them next.  I've got a couple of homes locally that I feel confident I can get if I can find the owners.

@Lee S.  that is way too much Lee!!  PM me before you spend that money!

@Tony Battle I'm open to cheaper options but the reality is $55 to make 50k is nothing.  I'll PM you but why not just post in the forum so other's can see?

I was able to get a number for the property, I'm on my cell and don't have the link but if interested send me a pm or reply.  Unfortunately no luck in purchasing the property yet, uncle died and nephew wants to rehab and rent it but he lives out of state.  I think there is a chance once he sees the condition of the property he will change his mind so I will be following up.

@Chris Silvas

You might talk to their neighbors and ask for the home owner's phone number. They can also tell you about the house's conditions which its very useful when considering purchasing it. You may also go to city/town/county hall and ask information about property. Normally you can check in the tax commissioner and probate court. Try to gather as much information about the property including the name of title owner and liens of the property.

Hey @Lee S. - Get thread you have started here.  Could you help me better understand the source you used to find the phone number?

Originally posted by @Andrew Luong :

Hey @Lee S. - Get thread you have started here.  Could you help me better understand the source you used to find the phone number?

Hi Andrew, I read a lot of threads on BP trying to find out who other's were using.  I ended up using https://www.frankahearn.com/find however It is $75 so I would find a cheaper option if you have a high number of leads.  I only had 2, found one and gave up on the other due to the situation with the ownership I could track down through local tax records.

True People Search

You can look up by name, reverse phone number, or address

(unless the person has opted out - which I have).

It's scary the info available on the net these days.

Anyone have any updated advice on finding owners phone and contact info? ty

Originally posted by @Andrew Gillings :

Try out homemetry.com, I've been looking for some older properties and have had decent luck finding numbers on there and it's free! It definitely depends on where you're looking but most older home that have been owned by the same person for years have good info!

homemetry.com worked really well! it's exactly like you said. Works great for probates and older people. worked like a charm! I drove for dollars and found 2 properties, both abandoned, boarded up. 

Yesterday, I pulled the titles, got the names, ran them through homemetry.com and got the numbers and called them this morning. Both older, both on landlines, both answered. They confided in me that both properties are in probate and they are willing to sell. Told me they will know more after court hearings. Told me when the court hearings are. I asked both if I could send them a letter in the mail, both said sure, one said make an offer in the letter. Now I will go online and look them up in the probate court. *thumbs up.*  Some of the numbers were disconnected, but I tried all of them and BOOM! 

Thanks again.

Glad this old thread came up, I had a house I wanted to call on.  Looks like I at least have a land line number, it's a start.

what if you have 500 names and addresses?  Is there a site that will allow you to upload an excel sheet for numbers?

@Tony Battle Hi Tony, I’m interested in using your services. Can you PM me please to discuss further? Thanks, Gerard

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here