HOA approval

2 Replies

Just received HOA approval to rent out the condo we are currently living in. Just recently they voted to allow 15% of the units to be rented out, so everyone who wanted to rent, had to submit a request. Yesterday, we received word that we were picked as part of the 15% to rent our unit out! My wife and I were looking to move soon anyway, so if the HOA decides to reverse that policy in the near future, we will just look to sell the condo. With the average market rent in our area, after all expenses are taken out (Mortgage, HOA, 5% repairs 5% vacancies), we will be cash flowing $441/mo.! Excited to take that extra cash and invest in some more properties!

@Justin Tahilramani

when we bought the place, yes we did know that the HOA had restrictions, but that was before we got interested in REI. This was my first place I bought after college, and my wife and I have been living there for the last 2 years. We could lose the ability to rent, yes, but like I mentioned, we were going to sell the condo soon anyway, so if they change the rules we will just sell.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you