Wholesaling in Columbus Ohio and in Cold Climates

6 Replies

Hello fellow investors.  My Business partner and I are just starting out in Real Estate Investing.  My question is for other Real Estate Investors in colder climates. I understand that every market is different.... But how much slower might we expect wholesaling and flipping during early winter months? Please share some of your experiences. 

Thank you! 

Marco

hello Marco. I am also in columbus ohio and am starting out as a wholesale investor. What I have found is deals are out there. Consistency is key especially in the coming winter climates. But as you may already know the time is now. Find the deal solve a solution and take home the profits. Its a win win for all. On preforeclosures they are happening ever day no matter what season it in. My guess is for every 25 leads that say no 1 will say yes. Consistency is key even in the winter months. But generally the market slows down right before winter. But if you start now you should have work to carry you through the winter months. Key is where you pull your leads from. Hopevit helped. Im new to this wholesaling portion. But its what I have to do to accomplish my goals. 

@Marco Stack-Simone , it's true that retail purchases/sales slow down in the winter. However, investors are working year round. If you have a good deal, you should have no problem finding a buyer. A rehabber will probably have to account for a little extra time to sell the property, so you may want to figure that into your wholesale price. But I know I'm perfectly happy to work on a flip over the winter so that I can have something to list to retail buyers when the weather warms.

Thank you all for the responses!! Very helpful and reassuring.  My business partner and I hope to hit the ground running within the next two weeks. I will keep all posted as I want to add as many investors to our Buyer's List. 

Good luck out there!

Marco

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you