Business Bank Account In Florida

7 Replies

Hey Guys,

What's the best bank to open up a business account with in Florida? I need to create an account for my LLC so that the funds are separated from my personal.

Thanks,

I use Center State Bank. It is a small regional bank and I am happy with their services. My business account was rather  low transaction volume so the free checking worked well for me. All my business is done locally so I don't need branches in every state to operate. 

The only complaint that I had was that my business and my personal accounts were linked under my personal name in their system. Which I would prefer to be completely separate. 

Originally posted by @John Kent :

I use Center State Bank. It is a small regional bank and I am happy with their services. My business account was rather  low transaction volume so the free checking worked well for me. All my business is done locally so I don't need branches in every state to operate. 

The only complaint that I had was that my business and my personal accounts were linked under my personal name in their system. Which I would prefer to be completely separate. 

Thank you. I'll look at that and compare it to Chase which I was also considering. 

I was considering Chase and Wells Fargo, which I bank at both. Bank of America was what my partner used for her business, but that was in California. Of course, they're here, too. All of these 3 banks are BIG banks and will have associated costs and most likely more stringent regs or rules, compared to smaller banks or credit unions. However, they could offer more services that the smaller guys can't.

I'm in Florida, so this is definitely is a decision I will be making in the near future, too, when I start my LLC.

Originally posted by @John Hamilton :

I was considering Chase and Wells Fargo, which I bank at both. Bank of America was what my partner used for her business, but that was in California. Of course, they're here, too. All of these 3 banks are BIG banks and will have associated costs and most likely more stringent regs or rules, compared to smaller banks or credit unions. However, they could offer more services that the smaller guys can't.

I'm in Florida, so this is definitely is a decision I will be making in the near future, too, when I start my LLC.

I actually opened up an account yesterday with Chase. It was between them and two smaller banks in the area. Chase was better all around except for having a minimum balance which the other banks didn't have and having a $2k limit on mobile deposits. Chase won out every other category so I went with them. The other banks also put a very long hold on your funds which is ridiculous.

@David Battle Awesome! And thanks. I like Chase. 

They just seem to be up on things, as opposed to Wells Fargo or BoA. At least personal accounts. 

Based on your review and experience, I will most likely end up going with Chase, too.

Originally posted by @Nick Britton :

@David Battle How did this end up?

Hey Nick,

I ended up going with Chase. They seemed to be the best option biz wise

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you