REI Radio over the internet?

14 Replies

I have a desk JOB that I unfortunately still have to work while I'm building my real estate empire. Since I spend a lot of my day at my computer I was thinking "well, why not listen to some real estate radio station". I googled a bit, but I didn't find anything good.

Does anyone know of a good Radio station over the internet that discusses Real Estate? Finance radio stations would also be OK, although I much prefer a station that centers on Real Estate.

You can find a lot of Real Estate RSS feeds (yes, I know they're not radio) at: http://www.syndic8.com/feedlist.php?ShowMatch=real+estate&ShowStatus=all

And, you can grab real-estate related podcasts, download them, and listen to them from here: http://www.podcast.net/search

It's not radio exactly, but they're options!
:beer:

You can find a lot of Real Estate RSS feeds (yes, I know they're not radio) at: http://www.syndic8.com/feedlist.php?ShowMatch=real+estate&ShowStatus=all

Good to know. I read BiggerPockets' messages as an RSS stream so I might look at this later.

And, you can grab real-estate related podcasts, download them, and listen to them from here: http://www.podcast.net/search

Now THIS is more like what I was talking about! I want to listen to something while I'm banging away at my computer and these will work out quite nicely. Even better: these podcasts have an RSS feed so they will push the information to me instead of me having to go get it. :mrgreen:

I would still like to find an actual radio stream, but this will satisfy my appetite for now. Maybe such an animal doesn't exist yet... opportunity for some lucky REI entrepreneur out there?

I have a good friend down here where I'm at & he has a radio on a local station here. We have been thinking about getting a XM radio or a internet radio show. Soons I find out how maybe you should try to. I'll let you know.

Just get Carlton sheets no money down. Put the CD's into your computer and listen to them while you work. and then one more thing...be sure to whistle while you work! whheee wwhhhhhheeee

Originally posted by "r2d246":
Just get Carlton sheets no money down. Put the CD's into your computer and listen to them while you work. and then one more thing...be sure to whistle while you work! whheee wwhhhhhheeee

So you have the Carleton Sheets program ?

If you don't have that program and have studied and applied it, then you're absolutely positively most definitely not a serious real estate investor.

I've read http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/carlton_sheets_no_down_payment/start/40

They have alot of reports about Carleton Sheets.

I took the time to read some of those posts.

I can clearly tell that those people will never get anywhere in life. Doesn't matter what kind of teaching they get. If you read their posts their all hoping to find essencially a "get rich quick scheme". Then when they didn't go out and buy any properties and didn't make any offers they felt they were burned.

That kind of poverty mentality really floors me! Also many talk about trying to get refunds. What a joke. Anyone who's going places knows or should know that you should always save at least 5% of your income to invest in books, courses and educational training. I've bought some courses that I never really dove deep into either. One costed 5k the other was 1k. But when I didn't thoroughly apply the information I wasn't screaming "SCAM". I actually kept the courses. One that costed $5000 by famous marketing guru Jay Abraham I had in my garage for about 3 years. Then I eventually just left it at the "Salvation Army Drop of Box" to allow someone else to benefit from it.

But when it comes to buying realestate I'm yet to find a course that's more comprehensive than Carlon Sheets course. And actually if by chance you know of something equally as informative then I'd like to read or listen to it.

But you know what? Like it's rediculous when I think about it, because REI isn't rocket science. It takes no more than a 4th grade education in my opinion to become filthy rich. Because honestly what do you need to know? Quantum Physics to make this kind of money? I don't think so. Like get serious, it's so rediculously simple anyone with half a brain could do this. So when I read those posts it just boggles my mind.

However, I shouldn't talk. I've met some of those people. And I could look at their situation and if I was them I'd know exactly how to go from where they are to being a millionaire in a year or less. But they might not ever get there simply because for some reason they such small thinkers. You start talking about the notion of buying an apartment building and they start to look like your speaking french. But the irony is that some of those people I know have tons of dead equity sitting in their houses that if they'd just put it to use they could most likely retire tomorrow.

Anyway I'll just shut up now.

I took the time to read some of those posts.

I can clearly tell that those people will never get anywhere in life. Doesn't matter what kind of teaching they get. If you read their posts their all hoping to find essencially a "get rich quick scheme". Then when they didn't go out and buy any properties and didn't make any offers they felt they were burned.

That kind of poverty mentality really floors me! Also many talk about trying to get refunds. What a joke. Anyone who's going places knows or should know that you should always save at least 5% of your income to invest in books, courses and educational training. I've bought some courses that I never really dove deep into either. One costed 5k the other was 1k. But when I didn't thoroughly apply the information I wasn't screaming "SCAM". I actually kept the courses. One that costed $5000 by famous marketing guru Jay Abraham I had in my garage for about 3 years. Then I eventually just left it at the "Salvation Army Drop of Box" to allow someone else to benefit from it.

But when it comes to buying realestate I'm yet to find a course that's more comprehensive than Carlon Sheets course. And actually if by chance you know of something equally as informative then I'd like to read or listen to it.

But you know what? Like it's rediculous when I think about it, because REI isn't rocket science. It takes no more than a 4th grade education in my opinion to become filthy rich. Because honestly what do you need to know? Quantum Physics to make this kind of money? I don't think so. Like get serious, it's so rediculously simple anyone with half a brain could do this. So when I read those posts it just boggles my mind.

However, I shouldn't talk. I've met some of those people. And I could look at their situation and if I was them I'd know exactly how to go from where they are to being a millionaire in a year or less. But they might not ever get there simply because for some reason they such small thinkers. You start talking about the notion of buying an apartment building and they start to look like your speaking french. But the irony is that some of those people I know have tons of dead equity sitting in their houses that if they'd just put it to use they could most likely retire tomorrow.

Anyway I'll just shut up now.

Maybe I'll give it a try. I live by the motto, "Never ever give up or throw in the towel. You can lose & still have a chance at winning." So did you receive it just like you were suppose to ?

Ya. Or just go to ebay. You can find someone selling an older version at a discount.

I'm going to check it out right now.

Check out www.youtube.com and search for real estate. There are some interesting real estate videos posted. By the way I have bought many real estate courses at garage sales and flea markets for peanuts. Carleton is no worse than the others. You will pick up good tid bits of info from all of them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you