Tax Deed Liens and Reselling

1 Reply

Hello, I was wondering if someone may have some insight into some of my questions. I have been checking out tax deed properties in central Florida. One I like in particular has a good deal of liens. Apparently the previous owner was in court a lot because there are a lot of court fee liens on the property, and a civil court judgement. Also they were sued by their credit card company. My first question is would they stay or would the tax deed erase these? If so which ones. 

Also I know I will need to wait 4 years in Florida or do a quiet title to have marketable title. My question is can I have marketable title while still having the liens after a quiet title done. If I can get the house at a decent price and sell it for market value then it would be enough to pay off the liens and still make a profit. Then the new owners should be able to take over and have title insurance. Is this correct?

Hi to you I got actually the same question so if you find out about any kind of answer let me know please ASAP I'm talking about the resale issue... Thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.