Kansas City Roll Call

2 Replies

I think @Brie Schmidt from Chicago started this idea which I love!  I've added a couple of questions to the bottom. So here is goes...

Make sure to tag someone at the end of your post!

What to include in your intro:

=================================

Name:

Investing Styles:

Types of Properties:

Target areas / cities:

I'm looking for:

Why you should contact me:

Would you want to meet up and network soon?

If yes, are weeknight evenings or weekends better for you?

=================================

I'll go first:

Name: Carrie Hallensleben

Investing Styles: So far two rentals and would like to get into flips and possibly multifamilies (my husband is in the home remodeling business which is very handy!)

Types of Properties: Higher end rentals in a great school district

Target Areas / Cities: Kansas City Northland

I'm looking for: Other investors in the area to build connections, Potential private lenders, Partners

Why you should contact me: To swap real estate stories and to learn from one another, to learn more about some of the markets in the Kansas City metro area, and for potential team building and joint venture opportunities.

Would you want to meet up and network soon? Would love to!

If yes, are weeknight evenings or weekends better for you? Over the summer weeknights but during the school year weekends are probably better

@Thomas Hallensleben

@Connie Covert

@Nathan Brooks

Name:

William Robison

Investing Styles:

Manage a hybrid-turnkey investment property company: Kansas City Investment Real Estate. We provide full service invest solutions, with all of our forces locally and not an out of town pitchman. We buy from MLS, courthouse steps, wholesale and package.

Types of Properties: 

Mostly SFRs, but some smaller MFH. SFRs tend to have more stable tenants and therefor present better long term ROI.

Target areas / cities:  

East Jackson County and the Northland.

I'm looking for:  

Always looking for more investment properties to work with.  We have a team in place, and 15+ contractors, but always seeking more to grow.  Finally, great clients, which we have already established and continue to grow.

Why you should contact me:

Beyond sales, we try to be available in a general sense to offer experienced advice.  This isnt our first rodeo.  We've seen it all, or most of it.  If you have a question about investing in Kansas City and unsure, drop us a line...we will try to help...time willing.

Would you want to meet up and network soon?  

We actually have developed a local meetup.  Obviously, there are several investor groups already in KC, but we developed a meetup.com event more than a year ago with some successes.  Finding purpose and support for those involved that have "been there, done that" is the most challenging aspect.  All of the REIAs are great for early stage investors, but value becomes more difficult after that stage and learning to create value and a network beyond that is tough.  Let me know if you want to look at taking over the group...its still open, jut not maintaned.

If yes, are weeknight evenings or weekends better for you?

Another tough challenge.  I would suggest Tuesday or Thursday to get the most involvement.

Best wishes and I agree, Bree started a nice thread, so pitch in KC and lets grow this thread.

Name:  Jim Viens

Investing Styles:  Wholesaling, rehab, rentals

Types of Properties:  Single-family

Target areas / cities:  Western Wyandotte and northern Johnson Counties in KS

I'm looking for: Off-market leads, wholesale buyers and JV partners & contractors for rehabs.

Why you should contact me: We can all learn something from someone and I've got a pretty varied background (across 6 different industries including sales and title insurance).

Would you want to meet up and network soon? Absolutely! Love getting together with folks!

If yes, are weeknight evenings or weekends better for you? I'd say Monday night or weekends.

@Eric Bishop

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.