do you believe in wholesalers ....

3 Replies

More of a rant...

Obviously there are good wholesalers out there (never met one, but have been told they exist).  I talked to one earlier today that sent me two properities and their arv are not even close, and they have no idea about repairs needed.  Very Annoying. 

I responded to someone's ad about a house they have for sale, the ad said they want to sell it NOW. Well, it's been 2 weeks and they have yet to contact me.  So they really don't want to sell this house, if it even exists.  I think they just added me to some list and they don't actually have a house.

@Dawn Anastasi   

I have called on several properties in the past and left messages, and i hardly ever get a call back either.  I never thought of them just wanting to get your contact info so they can add you to a list.  

In my (rather inexperienced) opinion, I think it's much like any trade (lawyers, insurance agents, CPA's, realtors, and so on) in REI - some are great:

- Responsive

- Call / email back quickly

- Lots of detail/information

and so on.

Whilst others are relatively useless to be gentle about it.

I've seen both sides (who thought finding a decent (insert profession here - I've seen it with insurance, accounting, legal, etc.!) would be so difficult; I'm throwing money at them and they are apparently so busy that they can't call me back, yet see fit to complain about how it's a struggle to grow their business! /end rant.

Anyway - just like I don't want to paint all of them with the same brush (because some of them really are great and do good work) I'm thinking there's some wholesalers out there that really are great and do good work; just have to weed out the junk from the good?

Interested to see what others think; EOD, despite it being what seems to be a relatively "low bar to entry" (doesn't take alot of capital for example for someone to start wholesaling if I understand it correctly *EDIT* I may be mixing that up with contract assignment... - to be good at it OTH is a different story); there wouldn't be anyone doing it if there was simply nobody on the other end buying?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.