Hey everyone! I have a few questions.
1. In NJ, are closings done through attorneys or title companies?
2. Does anyone know of good attorneys/title companies in NJ (I'm in Hudson County), particularly ones that are familiar with contract assignments and other creative financing options such as lease options, subject-to, wraps, etc.?
Hello @William Infantes , closings are typically done through an attorney in NJ. I purchased a property with cash and did it through a title company, no attorney needed. We brought the paperwork to our local bank to sign and notarize.
If you are looking for the services of an attorney, and I always recommend having one when property is being transferred for the purpose of making sure the Deed of Title is air tight and the transaction goes smoothly, then I would recommend seeking out the Lawyer Referral Service of your state's Bar Association. Another good place to ask for attorneys is with fellow investors in your area. They are bound to be able to refer you to the people they use on regular basis.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you