MLS access - Chicago Expired listings

4 Replies

Get your license or get friendly with someone who has one. Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck. Networking is extremly important in this business.

To get to expired listings, just ask your local realtor. I'd consider going to a local real estate club - there you'll be able to meet many people in the area involved, including realtors.

Good luck.

I dont know if Chicago has it yet but most mls or mlx systems are switching to a login system that you need a code from a little device that cycles every 30 seconds so even if you get the login and password from an agent you will still need to be on the phone with them every time you use it. The best thing is to contact an agent I can help you find one if you want email me at [email protected] I have a top producer database that will give me agents that specialize in investments.

Find an agent willing to put you into a drip campaign of expired listings for the area you are interested in. Our software allows us to customize reports then attach them to a propspect. This way when properties that fit your parameters are listed, they will auto-email. It's that or get a license I believe.

Contact the local MLS directly and see if they'll let you buy a subscription. Here in MA, appraisal firms and mortgage brokers are allowed by MLS to buy subscriptions. They pay more than a RE Agent does, but they still have access. Give it shot, the worst they can do is say no.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you