• Investor
  • Port Saint Lucie, FL
Votes |
​How to Hustle Your Way to Success

Tom Krol
  • Investor
  • Port Saint Lucie, FL
Posted Nov 24 2015, 19:07

In order to succeed in the business of Wholesaling houses, there is one thing that you need to possess above all else. I’m sure you’ve heard the term “Hustle” but have you ever really given it much thought? Is the idea of hustle a foreign concept to you? Would you rather spend time watching TV than making phone calls?

Imo, hustle is the “Secret Sauce” to achieving supernatural success in just about ANY business but ESPECIALLY Wholesaling! I’ll give you a perfect example of Hustle. Today in my office, we made it our goal for one of our acquisition managers to hit three appointments, just three bookings.

Simple assignment: We wanted him to go out to meet with three motivated sellers.

So how did he do?

At the end of the day he had booked not three, not six, but nine appointments!!

So the obvious question is: How did he do it?

Yep, you guessed it…hustle! Hustle is the key ingredient that SO many people are missing from their business and their lives. A lot of people will look at my business and say, “Well Tom, it’s easy for you because you have all the pieces in place.” The truth is NONE of those pieces mean diddly squat if you don’t have hustle. In fact, it took a heck of a lot of hustle to put all those pieces into place!

I want to talk about REAL hustle for a minute because that’s the only reason why I’ve been able to build such a successful Wholesaling business. Everyone “says” they have hustle but I think a lot of people are really missing the boat on what hustle is.

So what does hustle actually look like?

Here is the secret to hustle: There are three major components to hitting your goals, exceeding your goals and EXPLODING past your goals. Hustle, imo, is one third of those three major components!

#1. In order to have hustle towards something you must have a crystal clear “single” objective, goal or target to hit. So before you have hustle to go anywhere or do anything, you must have a totally clear, well-defined “who, what, where and how” idea of exactly where you want to get to… or what you want to do. That is step one of hustle. Before you hustle, you need to know where you’re going.

#2. Before you hustle, you must know exactly, granularly, specifically what is the exact next step or item that must be done towards that goal. This is something I got from David Allen the “Getting Things Done” guy. Btw, if you haven’t read that book, it is a GAME CHANGER! Run out and get it right now! But don’t just “read” it, follow the system…because it works!

So you must always know the exact next steps that you will take. It’s not just enough to say, “I want to wholesale a deal.” You need to know: “If I’m going to wholesale a deal, the first thing I need to do is X” and then clearly define that next step.

#3. You need to make that item or task your highest priority of the day. I got this from the AWESOME book by Darren Hardy, The Compound Effect. Another book I HIGHLY recommend. The highest priority “always” needs to be the “very next thing” you need to do in order to get to that goal.

That is where hustle comes in. Hustle, grit, determination, perseverance and persistence all come in at this point. When you know exactly where you want to go and the exact next steps to take, that’s when to apply hustle to the game that you’re going to play.

That’s when you put your best foot forward and just be completely, singularly focused on that one item. When you have that attitude and perspective, there is no such thing as shiny objects and distraction because you have one singular objective for that hour, day, month, week, quarter or whatever it is.

When you hustle without a goal or you don’t know your exact next steps, you’ll get nowhere fast. Trust me, I’ve been there before.

You’ll feel like you’re working hard. You’ll even believe that you’re working hard. The sad part is…you will be working hard…but for what?

The point of hustle is not to work hard and be on a treadmill going nowhere.
The point of hustle is to actually get somewhere. So you need to know where you’re going, what the first step is in the right direction, and to singularly focus on that step.

That, my friends, is hustle.

That’s how we were able to triple our goal today of nine live appointments with motivated sellers rather than just hit the three.

People are always asking how we’re doing it. Without question, a large part of our success comes from understanding what hustle really is and not just saying, “I’m working hard.” If you do that and follow the steps I’ve laid out in this post, I promise you will have supernatural success. If you are doing it and you’re getting close and you’re feeling discouraged, trust me…you are closer than you think.

That is the exact time when you should go all in and push 110% and work as hard as you possibly can on that singular objective. No shiny object syndrome, no distraction, no education, just instruction on what to do next and focus on that next item.

Don’t look at other people and wonder how they’re doing it and feel jealous, inadequate or anything like that.

Stay focused guys and remember to enjoy the journey just as much as the destination. It’s an awesome, awesome journey indeed.