Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Ahern
  • Investor
  • Bali, Indonesia
Votes |
Hello! and where to find Cash flow 4-Plexes?

Daniel Ahern
  • Investor
  • Bali, Indonesia
Posted Feb 10 2016, 20:56

Hello!

I'm just getting started on BP.  Love it!  It's great to be connected to a community of like minded RE investors.  So much to learn, so much to do!!

------ THE PLAN ------

I plan to purchase $3 mil of small Multi-Unit properties by the end of 2016.  The general goal is to purchase *** FIVE ***  4-Plex's worth $600K each, where I put %20 down (so $120K down on each).

The stretch part of the plan - I'd like each 4-Plex to cash flow $2K a month. OK, well, if that's not realistic, I'm open to reason.

Ideal property is a C property in a B area (using an A,B,C,D area scale).

I live in LA but think the market is too overheated here to get anywhere close to the cash flow goal so am actively investigating & number crunching external markets (Atlanta, Tacoma, San Antonio, Charlotte, Austin, etc.). 

------ THE HELP I'M LOOKING FOR ------

I'm looking for help locating these small Multi's that can cash flow.

I'm also looking for input regarding the cash flow goal.  What's a realistic cash flow goal for a $600K 4-plex if I put 20% down?  I'm willing to work, search, direct mail market, submit 3 offers a day, etc. etc.  I've got 17 years experience with software so am very capable and actually really enjoy number crunching & analysis part of this.  Really interested in your input/experience/guidance on confirming my cash flow goal or setting a more realistic one.

Great to meet ya's,

Daniel

Loading replies...