Dealing with Realtors

6 Replies

I am completely green in real estate, with that being said, Is it a disadvantage to let a realtor now you are shopping the housing market with the intent to flip a house?

Your best bet is to find an investor friendly realtor.  The added bonus would be if they are an investor too.  You never know what you're going to get if you call one at random, so find this person at your local real estate investment meetup group.  Search on bigger pockets if there's a group near you.  Good luck!

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

@Matthew Kelly , it depends on your market. Some markets are so redhot right now that cash is the only way to get the property. In my local market, almost everything is selling for cash, over asking price, no contingencies, no inspections, no appraisals. It's nuts.

Cash might get you a little bit of a discount, but probably not as much as people often make it out to be.  Someone might take a cash offer that is a few grand below a financed offer......but if the difference is ten or twenty thousand, the seller is going to take the higher price.

I would let any realtor know what your intentions are. You will need to find a investor friendly agent and hopefully your market isn't hurting on inventory like so many. Flip[s are few and far between on the MLS these days and the decent properties are gone within hours of being listed not days.

Thank you for all the Information, I am meeting with a realtor today to get the ball rolling. I'm hoping to gather some listings and have my first property soon. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you