Resources (books / BP sub-forum) on investing abroad

1 Reply

Hi all,

First of all I love the BP forum/community. I've read a lot and learned a lot in the past year here. I live in SEA (Thailand) and would like to know if there are any books / webminars / other resources someone can recommend to help me with my local market. I am a beginner investor, only own 2 luxury condos (renting) and now building a house for myself.

A lot of terms and strategies that I read on BP are specifically for the USA market and not sure they apply here.

Thank you

Max

Go to IREM.org search for ARM certified property managers. Call 5 ask them what they see expenses running per category per unit. What do they see them selling for per unit, what is the market occupancy rate. What are the market rents? Ask them if they know anything coming up for sale. Great way to pick up some good info and possibly a deal. Look for other PM association from over there.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Paul

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here