• Marlboro, NJ
Votes |
Hard Money Lending and Creative Financing in the BRRRR Calc

Rob Krin
  • Investor
  • Marlboro, NJ
Posted Jul 28 2016, 13:16

Hi All

Hopefully you can follow along with me on my journey here.

I'm feeling the analysis paralysis creep upon me now.  I've now changed my mind on my approach and pivoted my strategy several times so I'm getting worried I might be over analyzing.  Or am I taking the right steps?

Regardless, I'm looking at some financing options for my first buy and hold.  First I thought cheap properties so no problem with me financing them myself.

Then I thought there is no long term sustainability in cheaper properties.

Then I looked at more expensive markets and started evaluating turnkey providers.  This is working out well, just trying to make my #s work.

Then on sidebar, I thought about corporate structure for the corporation.... I don't have yet. After speaking with my accountant and several investors, I got that nailed for the short term. LLC then figure the rest out later.

Now, all that behind me I'm trying to figure out where to find the money to fund my project. I can use my money, take a loan against my 401k, or HELOC against my house or against my only investment property. I need to find the balance my family is comfortable with.

Now, long story short I started thinking about hard money lenders.  Thinking if I borrow 70% for property and rehab then refinance after 6-9 months, I can pay back the loan with equity instantly built.  What fees do I need to know about? How is interest calculated?  Would it be loan x 12% (eg 100k loan + 12% = $112k back to lender?).

Any insights, advice, direction, comments, thoughts, feedback, wisdom, perceptions or sagaciousness would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, 

Rob

Loading replies...