Property Owned By An Airport

5 Replies

Hello Everyone,

Along my path of Driving for Dollars, I've come across a property that has gained my interest. I spoke to the neighbor of the vacant property, she stated that the owner had passed away and that the city owned the property. Per the Real Estate Division of CLT's website, I sent in a letter requesting info on the property. The Representative called me and stated that the Airport owned the property and she provided me with their contact info. I've reached out to the airport a couple of times, I have not received a response yet. I was wondering if anyone has ever ran into Airport owned property, and if it would be worth my time trying to pursue it?? The property is in the middle of a very large and very occupied neighborhood, and is approximately six miles from the airport. Any info will be highly appreciated. Thank You

Airports can be privately owned, or owned by a municipality.  If the airport is privately owned then your next step should be to contact the owner.  If the airport is municipality-owned then coordination with the town is in order...They might not know what they have.

As a follow-up, typically the airport is owned by someone and businesses called FBOs (Fixed Base Operators) rent space on the land to run things like flight schools, airplane rental companies, and repair/inspection shops.  If you're looking for the owner of the land I would start by calling one of the FBOs on the airport...The local flight school is probably the best place to start.

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you