TREC ERW License Holder: Same disclosure Salesperson? MLS access?

TREC ERW License Holder: Same disclosure Salesperson? MLS access?

Flipper · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 17 votes

I have been a TREC Easement and Right Of Way License holder for about 10 years. I do work as a Right of Way Agent acquiring pipeline easements in South Texas Eagleford oil & gas play near San Antonio, and I am working toward my first personal real estate deal to flip/wholesale houses. As I am filling out the contract a few questions crossed my mind. 1) Do I have the same disclosure obligations as a TREC Salesperson/Broker would have in a real estate transaction? 2) Can I get MLS access thru my TREC ERW license?

Hopefully there is another Landman out there who has come across these same issues. Thanks!

1Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    10y

    I wouldn't think so, as you're not licensed to work for the typical consumer, and you have to be a Realtor for the MLS, but I don't TX specifics. For the MLS issue, call your local MLS. For the disclosure issue, call the RE commission.

  • Greg H.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Broker/Flipper · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    10y

    Wayne is correct. You will know be able to get MLS access as you would have to be an agent sponsored by a broker along with becoming a Realtor and joining a board

    I can't imagine having any disclosure responsibilities as you are not an agent

  • Flipper · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 101 posts · 17 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Wayne Brooks & @Greg H. I did pull up the MLS info and no way on that one. I still have a bit of a question on the other, but it should be fine as I am not a broker or salesperson.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.