TREC ERW License Holder: Same disclosure Salesperson? MLS access?

3 Replies

I have been a TREC Easement and Right Of Way License holder for about 10 years. I do work as a Right of Way Agent acquiring pipeline easements in South Texas Eagleford oil & gas play near San Antonio, and I am working toward my first personal real estate deal to flip/wholesale houses. As I am filling out the contract a few questions crossed my mind. 1) Do I have the same disclosure obligations as a TREC Salesperson/Broker would have in a real estate transaction? 2) Can I get MLS access thru my TREC ERW license?

Hopefully there is another Landman out there who has come across these same issues. Thanks!

I wouldn't think so, as you're not licensed to work for the typical consumer, and you have to be a Realtor for the MLS, but I don't TX specifics. For the MLS issue, call your local MLS. For the disclosure issue, call the RE commission.

Wayne is correct. You will know be able to get MLS access as you would have to be an agent sponsored by a broker along with becoming a Realtor and joining a board

I can't imagine having any disclosure responsibilities as you are not an agent

Web + D4D Mobile App for you & the team!
Trusted Provider of Real Estate Data, Marketing, Skip Tracing & A
#1 Real Estate Software for Investors, Agents & Brokers to find leads and close deals nationwide.
7 Day Free Trial!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you