Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
General Real Estate Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Wes Tuinstra
Votes |
What Do You Need Next?

Wes Tuinstra
Posted Aug 3 2008, 11:01

One of the oddest things about the beautiful human mind is that it can trick us out of getting what we need. And we can come up with an endless number of reasons why we haven't addressed a need but, the troublesome thing about "needs" is that they don't go away - on their own, that is.

Recently, I've been having some terrific conversations with some of the most intelligent men and women I've ever met.

Yet, there seems to be this common thread among many of them: many are stuck right at the precipice of getting the thing they need. But they don't get it even though from my perspective the distance between what they need and where they are is amazingly short.

Many seem to have some sort of mental "braking-mechanism" that stops them from doing the very thing they need in order to succeed: ASKING.

If you want help, asking is the thing that triggers helping hands to take action.

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that the biggest challenge of asking is that we either don't know or can't or won't express what our needs are.

We know that the needs are there.

We know that you have needs.

We just don't know what they are and we don't know when you need to have them addressed.

As a member here on BiggerPockets, I'd like for each member to feel as comfortable as possible in sharing your needs.

Do you know what you need? - If so, tell us about it.
Do you know how to determine what you need? - If not, ask us about it.
While we may not be able to help the whole world, we should be able to help you.

But, you have to help us find your need.
--
Thanks!

(written by)
Vincent Wright
Recruiter/Networking Coach

I saw this on another forum I frequent, and it exactly says what
I want to say to all of you on this forum, especially you younger
guys (and gals). Tell us exactly and precisely what you need next
and let us try to help you.

Loading replies...