Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
has your strategy changed after being on BP?

Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Posted Jul 28 2009, 11:36

I'm curious. We have hundreds of posters, thousands of posts and tons of questions posed on here.
It made me wonder today as I was posting some advice to questions I received. Does ANYONE ever take the advice? I'm serious. Most come to this board with our built-in preconceived methods. Cash is king. I want to wholesale. I want to rehab and flip. I only want sfrs. I want to buy only in ohio, and on and on and on.
My question is this. Has anyone on BP changed their methods, interests, or ideas due to replies here on BP? Everyone knows where I stand on most subjects, as well as some of the other posters stand. Do we ever change anyones' mind?
I think it would be interesting for BP posters to share their ideas when they started here, and if they've changed any of their core beliefs, methods or locations to play the real estate game. We might all learn something from those that have made changes, why and the results. What do you think?
I'll go first. I'm one of the older and more experienced posters on here. I've always felt I could be ahead of the curve on areas to boom and I've been lucky and good at it. I believe in free and clear as well as a second tier of highly leveraged properties for long term growth. I've changed my thinking in a couple areas somewhat.
1. I'll buy older properties for cash flow, irregardless of age or depreciable basis.( this has changed from only wanting newer properties for buy and hold)
2. I'll not be involved in the mgmt of these older properties at all. It is no longer worth my time and effort.

These aren't huge changes, but I guess even old dogs can learn new tricks. What about you? Any influences you've had on here that caused you to change something? What? Rich

Loading replies...