Should I Go With This Bank?

1 Reply

The podcasts say call every bank. I was referred to one by someone respected and they seem to have everything I'm looking for.

It's a small bank that loans their own money. Although I think she said hey sell their 30 year conventionals, is that normal or should I look for someone that keeps their 30 years??

They said if a property is newer than 2015 I can show them the lease and they'll count 70% of that (I assume in favor of my DTI?) and I can keep getting conventional loans as long as my DTI and Credit Score are in order. And if my DTI ever goes higher than 47% I can get balloon loans for more properties.

I assume this is about as good of a scenario as I'll ever find?

Is this what I want out of a bank? Should I go ahead and do my refi through them to build a relationship?

Lucas,

You are making this too hard on yourself.  First of all; there are companies out their that do all the price shopping for you for the best rates and closing cost.  You do NOT want to have you credit report pulled more than once.

Secondly, most lenders do sell off their loans.  I won't go into the reason why at this time.  I will just say this, they sell them to servicing companies.

At the end of the day look at your bottom line.  If it makes sense, move forward.

Jim Sakalis

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.