On market to long

2 Replies

Well it happened....this house has been on market to long....the sign looks like a permanent fixture of the yard.......
I cant see the problem...
priced at market value and we lowered it 10% anyways....
Inside is immaculate (owner is a clean fanatic)...
Decor...ooohh and aaahhs coming forth...."tastefully done"...
the front yard is great curb appeal
it "always" smells like vanilla or something nice
and the traffic has stopped coming.....what next....
Help :crying:

We don't have much information, but I'll give it a shot to try and get some more information out.

1. How do you know what the market value is?
2. Is the market soft?
3. Could you rent-to-own it?
4. What kind of feedback did you get when you were first showing it?
5. Have you thought about putting together a comp sheet to help show the value?

Give us some more information and maybe someone can help from one of their past experiences.

Okay, it is priced at market value...did the comps for the area and have sold another property very similiar...just 4 blocks away...another house exactly the same all the way down to the same brick and square footage has already sold....houses in that area are on market about 42 days...this one 78 and counting....the market in our area has turned soft ...about 1 12/ ago...but prices stay steady....we are willing to negotiate down but not until we get an offer...do not want to rent to own....owners have purchased a new home soon to be completed.....and yes, I did a comp sheet...present it with my CMA package...Have put house on tours, open house coming up....what next

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you