• Investor
  • Gardiner, NY
Votes |
creative FSBO ?

Deyano M.
  • Investor
  • Gardiner, NY
Posted Aug 3 2008, 11:01

I have read mixed reviews about sites like forsalebyowner.com regarding their flat fee MLS listing service. I read in another post that giving an agent just 3% deters them. BUT doesn't the buyers agent split the commission anyway?

Here's what I was thinking (because I studied marketing). My partner and I really don't want to cut 6% out of our profits. Say we listed on the MLS- one of the flat fee services. We would also market to area real estate agencies. And in particular form an agreement with a friend that is a realtor, ie: if he brings the qualified buyers that ends up closing, he would get 3.5%. We would do the open houses and the rest of the marketing to drive traffic. Being that he would be using his agency, wouldn't he be able to keep the entire commission for himself and not have to provide a cut to his office?

I thought this would make sense as the after rehab property we put on the market in our area will not have much competition- it will be one of maybe 6 other properties that could be used as comps. And the advantage over those houses is that ours will be up to date- while most of those are still stuck in the 1950s!

Any thoughts?

Loading replies...