Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Tiffany S.
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, VA
Votes |
BRRRR - To Install or NOT to install ductless AC?

Tiffany S.
  • Investor
  • Portsmouth, VA
Posted Mar 13 2017, 11:42

So I am in the process of BRRRR-ing. The house is older located in Norfolk, VA. Everything was recently rehabbed already. (kitchen, bathroom, downstairs floors, most windows, etc etc). Most of the interior rehab taking place is cosmetic (painting, new vanities, washer/dryer, fill about 3 cracks, replace old ugly window trim). I am doing other things to add curb appeal. I am trying not to over do the rehab as it is just a rental and as i stated a lot was already done. Now to my actual question..

The heating is currently electric baseboard (which I just spent a few hundred dollars to get them wired correctly...but i digress). There is no A/C. I was thinking about providing window units but i recently came across these mini-split ductless systems. I've gotten quotes ranging from 3.5 - 5K for the system and installation. My question is would this be worth the extra money to install this system? I was told it would add more value as opposed to a bunch of window units. I wanted to replace the carpet upstairs as it is ugly, stained, and damaged in a few areas but everyone is telling me it does not look that bad (I may just be comparing it to the brand new vinyl down stairs). At this point its a "one or the other" type situation. What do you guys think? My main goal is trying to get the highest appraisal down the line. 

Loading replies...