• Investor
  • Florida
Votes |
Is it me or is ist him?

Sharita S.
  • Investor
  • Florida
Posted Apr 13 2017, 11:07

I would love some advice on how to proceed. We are refinacing to take advaantage of the low interest rates and hope to get a HELOC in the next 60 days. The appraisal came in 100k lower than I expected. The low appraisal does not affect the refi, but will put a dent in my HELOC. I called a realtor who is familliar with my home and neighborhood and asked for comps. I was presented with comps closer in size, more recent in sale date and higher in price . I do not want to be one of those homewoners living on fantasy island thinking that they have a million dollar home and it is only worth 50 cents. Winter Park Florida 4/2.5 at 2920 sq ft. The 3 main comps that were used varied from 400 to 900 sq ft. smaller, and are currently on realtor.com so I took a peek to compare amenities. All 3 are flips that show very well. Summer kitchen with granite, tongue and groove coverd porch with pergola attached (living and dining area) , brazillian hardwood flooring throughout, wooden garage door, tile roof, fencing around property is a brick wall, built ins in all bedroom closets, millwork around all windows. Those are the amenties of my home which the others don't have. His appraisal of 470k comes in at 160sq ft. His lowest comp is 175 sq ft. How do I tactfully approach the appraiser?

Loading replies...