Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing
Account Closed
Votes |
Buyer's Agent??!!!

Account Closed
Posted Feb 14 2010, 13:43

I asked for a referral for a buyers agent in the Cleveland area from the NAEBA. They gave me a name and we exchanged emails.....

....the wanted to know if I have been preapproved or not. I responded saying I would prefer to avoid lenders, especially in their current schizoid state. That I am looking for seller financing, or at least, a motivated seller flexible on terms, OR to pay all cash for a good deal.

....they replied that there just were no deals like that out there and that the "lenders are becoming really strict...yada yada yada". Hello? I asked about seller financing, or good "cash deals". They again suggested I talk to some local lenders.

So I went to craigs list and found 2 seller financing FSBO deals. 2k down, and monthly payments. Took me 10 mins. So I emailed them back and included the links. Also, to introduce me to areas, and neighborhoods within those areas that would suit my investment needs.

I always thought that sellers got more flexible about "creative" financing the worse the market got? And the more anal retentive the lenders are.

So what is the deal with buyer's agents. Anyone know a good one who can find me the deals I am lookking for in metro cleveland? Somebody who thinks outside the box?

I am buying out of state and need somebody to negotiate for me and help me submit smart offers, as well as to introduce me to areas that fit my goals.

Thanks, TC

Loading replies...